Sunday, September 19, 2010

Simple, Funny Ad Series

Kodak Rechargeable Batteries

     Kodak launched a series of ads to advertise their rechargeable batteries product, and these ads reminded me of how simple an ad can be but still get its purpose across. There are ads that seem cluttered to me or have to much going on. Ads are a perfect chance to bring out ones' creativity and although the following ads are simple I believe it took a creative mind to spur them on.


     It is quite obvious to me that Kodak is trying to say that these batteries always come back and can not die. The tiger biting into the dog when it's assumed to be dead since it's a rug, the chicken being stripped to the skin yet still alive, I thought these ads were very easy to understand. And not too mention humorous. Some may say they were a bit morbid, and I do not argue that a sense of humor is necessary to absorb these ads. The series was very simple, it contained a picture, the Kodak logo, and the slogan attached to this campaign. This ad series got the point across and had a great analogy to relate to the batteries purpose. Thumbs up to Kodak.

No comments:

Post a Comment